Dr. Gearhart is dedicated to the surgical management of colorectal diseases, including inflammatory bowel disease and sporadic and hereditary colorectal cancer and pelvic organ dysfunction.
Colon and Rectal Surgery, Colon Cancer, Colon Surgery, Colorectal Cancer, Colorectal Disease, Colorectal Surgery, Constipation, Defecatory Dysfunction, Fecal Incontinence, Hereditary Colorectal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Obstructed Defecation Syndrome (ODS), Oncology, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Rectal Surgery, Robotic Surgery, Sacral Nerve Stimulation, Slow Transit Constipation, Surgery, Surgical Oncology.
Biomarkers for dysplasia and cancer in inflammatory bowel disease; Prophylaxis for recurrent Chron's disease following surgery; New strategies for managing rectal cancer; Radiographic and biologic predictors of response to neoadjuvant therapy for rectal cancer.
- Associate Professor of Surgery
- Associate Professor of Oncology
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Loyola University Chicago (1993)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / General Surgery (2000)
- Cleveland Clinic / Colorectal Surgery (2002)
- American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery / Colon and Rectal Surgery (2003)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery-General (2002)